Singapore Day 1: Beary Best! Hostel, Merlion Park, Chinatown

/
0 Comments
Beary Best! Hostel

My first solo adventure started when I saw a promo for a discounted airline tickets in Cebu Pacific. It wasn't a piso fare but it was 50% off so why not especially since the travel period starts in two weeks.

I was a little early for my flight but it gave me enough time since this is my first time to fly alone. I wandered around for awhile then found out that the departures where up on the second floor.I have my Tita to thank for telling me the process before I can get on the plane. First thing you have to do is pay for the travel tax. After that you have to check in. Most of the airlines now have an online check in and you just have to print the boarding pass though I still liked the boarding pass that you get when you check-in at the airport. The next thing you do is to pay for the terminal fee but if you purchased your ticket after February 1, 2015, the fee is already included in your ticket. The last thing you need to do before you can wait for your plane at the gate is to pass the immigration. I did have some problem there since I was travelling alone and also it's my first time to go outside of the country but I was still cleared to go at the end.

The plane arrived at Changi Airport around 5:00 p.m. I was surprised on how much better the airport here looked than in the Philippines. After passing imigration and getting my currency changed, I then went to the MRT. My friend lent me his MRT card so I had no trouble lining up for a ticket.


My first stop was to go to Chinatown to check-in at Beary Best! Hostel.The staff there were nice and very welcoming. I didn't have much time to look around since I really want to start exploring so I just left my luggage there.



I first went out to have dinner at Maxwell Food Centre which from what I looked up is one of the best food centres in Singapore. They had a lot of meals and beverages there that you can choose from and most of the people there understood some English language. The first thing that I ate was the ever so famous Chicken Rice. It did taste a little bland but it was still good.

Merlion Park



After eating I then headed to the Merlion Park. I walked there from Chinatown since it wasn't that far. What I didn't expect is how much hotter Singapore is than the Philippines. Always remember to carry a bottle of water whenever you leave. I finally arrived and saw the Merlion Statue It was smaller than I expected. 

The Esplanade - which is actually modelled after the Durian fruit.


Across the river, you can see the Marina Bay Sands and the Singapore Flyer. I was lucky to pass by it as a light show started. After that, I went back to the hostel to rest for the night. I walked again back to the hostel so I was able to capture Chinatown at night.

Chinatown

Buddha Tooth Relic Temple at Night
They still have the decorations from the Chinese New Year

The room that I stayed in has 9 beds but there were 3 of us staying here in the first night. Each one had their own locker but you have to bring your own locks. Aside from the fan the room also has air conditioning plus the door uses a magnetic key card to enter.

So that concludes Day 1.






You may also like

No comments:

Popular Posts

Powered by Blogger.

Pages - Menu