Singapore Day 3: Gardens By The Bay, National Museum Of Singapore, The Southern Ridges

/
0 Comments
Gardens By The Bay

I wanted to see the Gardens by the Bay so that is where I went to after breakfast. I quickly regretted going there during the day. It was very hot  and the shades from the trees don't do much. I hardly got around and at one point I even got lost. The middle section is where you can find the vertical gardens. Walking to the north will bring you to the Flower Dome and the Cloud Forest. Then at the other end of you'll find the Marina Barrage where the rooftop is a great place to fly kites and have a picnic.

OCBC Skyway



Cloud Forest
Marina Barrage Underside
Marina Barrage Rooftop

The view atop the Marina Barrage
TIP: The best time to go here when the sun is going to set. Try to catch it at the Marina Barrage then check out the night light shows at 7:45 or 8:45 at the OCBC Skyway.

National Museum Of Singapore

I left around lunch because it was already really hot. Also I wanted to catch the guided tour in the National Museum of Singapore. I did manage to come across this amazing graffiti while I was walking.


The National Museum of Singapore has some galleries under renovation when I went there. The main attraction there when I visited is the Singapura: 700 Years. You could learn a lot of things about Singapore's history on your own but I strongly recommend taking the tour. There are some things that you can learn from the tour guide that isn't included in the gallery. Guided tours are scheduled at 11:00 am and 2:00 pm. Entrance is free for Singaporean residents. Tourist entrance fee is 6 SGD and 3 SGD for Students with ID.


The museum's main lobby

Our tour guide was very knowledgeable

After that tour I headed to walk through the Southern Ridges. I started my walk from Alexandra Arch which is in Alexandra Road. I was really after the Henderson Waves because the pictures I've seen where really beautiful but I didn't expect the real long walk. Also when you get there, you'll be surprised on how high it really is considering that it connecting two parks. I even forgot to fill my water bottle. The paths here are elevated so you are almost at the same height as the trees. You might want to skip this if you're afraid of heights. Still I came across some people going for a jog. I was able to reach the peak of Mount Faber but I wasn't able to wait for the sunset. From Mount Faber, there is a path going down to the MRT.

Southern Ridges

Alexandra Arch




I didn't see any monkeys though









TIP: You can also walk here at night because the path is lit up by LED lights.

Fountain of Wealth

The Southern Ridges walk was definitely tiring so I went ahead to treat my self to some beef noodles. You can watch the cook make their own noodles. I then went to see the Fountain of Wealth which is the largest fountain in the world. It was pretty huge but you can probably skip it if you have some other place that you want to see.




That's all for day 3!




You may also like

No comments:

Popular Posts

Powered by Blogger.

Pages - Menu